Saturday, February 20, 2010

grow a day older

It felt unnatural to see you walk out the door. You should never have left. There shouldn't have been a door at all. Perhaps just a medium-sized window so that the air could circulate, not too big, because you wouldn't want the warmth from hours of suffocating bear hugs to escape the room entirely. Before this, I never knew bear hugging could be such a steamy activity. We were like two wrestlers fighting in slow, intense motion. All the yearning and lust converging into one tiny channel. Clammy air and aching muscles are what you're left with afterward. Same result, different methods.


I shut my cell phone with the same careful determination as I would fold my fine silk scarf. Everything related to him must be done with extra caution. His presence has turned me into porcelain doll-fragile, breakable, too fussy to be carried. Within his orbit I was nothing but a flat noodle. It's so hard to breathe. So hard to get out.



(Grow A Day Older, Rectoverso - Dee)

No comments: